Saturday, December 13, 2008

Disclaimer, etc.

It's very ambitious, this restoration undertaking. I've got no formal mechanical training, besides being formally trained at my local REI as a bicycle and ski technician. I guess after wrenching on bicycles for so long (building a good number of personal bikes from scratch), I graduated to working on my Suzuki SV650. Most of my resources are straight off the Internet. In addition to public blogs and forums, I do happen to have a very old Clymer manual, something I bought when I bought the RD.

My design of the bike will be of my own. Many before me have done practically the same thing, but I'm not mimicking anyone's exact layout. I've had years to think about what I'm going to do with this bike and my ideas change all the time. As a matter of fact, I didn't really even consider doing wire-spoke wheels till just recently. When I saw a great deal on Ebay, I just couldn't pass it up! I have a pretty firm idea of what I'm going to do with the bike, but things might change.

No comments:

Post a Comment