Monday, June 17, 2019

The Next Steps

So I had to order all new wheel bearings, since I changed design plans away from the RD350 wire wheels. Now I have TWO sets of All Balls wheel bearings! I disassembled the rear sprocket and gave that wheel a good decent scrubbing. I did attempt to remove the old rear tire, but it was a no-go. After finding some help in the internet, I bought a good utility knife and I'll swap out the straight blades for hook blades. Those beads are not going to play nice, so I'm just going to cut the old rubber off of the wheels. I'm sure they won't be a problem, when mounting the new tires on them. After that, I can repaint them, polish the rims and get some fresh bearings in there. Once the tires and wheels are on the bike, I can verifiable claim that I have a "roller"!!

When the seat comes in, I'll have to figure out how to mount that sucker and what might need to get cut off the frame (the other frame). When that is sorted out, I can send the parts off to paint. There still is that issue about the front fender. I do believe that I will cut it down, but I'm thinking that I may just leave it chrome. Maybe not. I still haven't figured it out yet.

I need a brake light system and turn signals for front and back. I am not a big fan of the rear "integrated" turn signals. A new battery is on the way, so I need to refurbish the old battery box. At that point, I may as well try and string in the entire electrical.

Once the engine and the painted pieces come back, I'm just about ready to complete the bike! For the first reincarnation, but bike will have the old ugly seat, just so I can get it to the the DMV for inspection as a "whole" bike. Afterwards, the parts will get transferred to a cut and powder-coated frame for final assembly!

No comments:

Post a Comment