Thursday, February 5, 2009

Zero Factory No More

While traveling on business this past week, I happened to be in Torrance, California. I have read so much about Oshima and the incredible pipes he creates for RD400's at his shop, Zero Factory. I found his phone number and address on the Internet and called his shop. No one picked up- there was a generic phone message, so I left a generic message. I went hunting for his shop. What I found was a Japanese auto parts place. I asked the guy what happened to Zero Factory. Apparently, Oshima couldn't didn't want to deal with the high rent, so he went looking for another place for his business. That was two and a half years ago. Bummer.

I called the phone number again, leaving a detailed message this time, just in case Oshima actually gets the messages. To my surprise, he called me back. He told me that he never found another place to set up his shop. I asked him if he's still doing work anyway, like out of his garage or something. He told me no and he wasn't willing to make me a set of pipes. Oh, well, looks like I might be going with Spec 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment