Thursday, March 28, 2019

I Love the DMV!!!

Over the past few days, I was able to give the frame an initial scrub down to remove most of the grease and grime from it. More work still needs to be done, as some of that dirtiness just won't come off that readily. But I did get it cleaned up enough to actually give the swing arm an initial fit test. Man! I've literally been waiting 10 years just to do that! I know it's not much, but it really made me smile!

I was able to spend a little bit more time with my tool wall getting frequently used tools up where I can grab them. This will also help me to be able to keep track of the commonly tools more easily. Of course I still have a shit ton of more tools that are in drawers unorganized- wood working tools, motorcycle and bicycle specific tools, odds and ends tools that I can't actually hang, etc.

Additionally, I'm finally trying to get my motorcycle "closets" more organized too. I probably have 4 or so riding suits of different kinds- the Alpinestars track suit, my neon yellow winter/rain suit, and my everyday cordura and leather wears. Then there's the boots and the gloves too! I bought some metal closet rods from Target that I'll get mounted, so I can actually hang the pants and jackets.

The biggest triumph of the week happened today, as I had my first official trip to the DMV. I was expecting some big runaround like what happened with my classic BMW car (it took me 5 trips back and forth to the DMV). I had a 2:10p appointment, so I showed up early. I was told to sit down and come back to the window, when my appointment time came up. Hmmph! When it was 2:10, I stepped up to the window and was scolded because I didn't fill out the application! (The one she snuck in behind all the paperwork that I brought to the appointment.) So I filled out the paperwork and returned to the window a third time! But then she realized that she had already given me a number and told me to sit and wait for my number to come up. I only had to wait about 5 minutes to see the registration clerk. After going over my paperwork and forms, she told me that I owed $140 and that I would have to bring in my old license plate.! Wow! It was really just that simple!! But I would have to have the VIN verified. But since I was the owner, I wouldn't even have to go through the CHP- I could do it with no appointment with that same DMV! Wow! My day just kept getting better! The only caviat was that the bike had to be assembled. But I was just ecstatic to know that my bike was now 100% for sure going to be able to get registered on the street! That brought me true peace of mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment