Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Update- Parts and Pipes

Lots of stuff has been coming in the mail lately! I have probably spent about $1500 in parts over the past 3 weeks- engine building, brake, suspension and wheel parts mostly.

ALERTBridgestone is running a promotional rebate right now- buy 2 tires, get $60 back! That brings my new set of Battleax BT-45 tires down to just over $100!! How do you beat that??

I've got airplane paint stripper and 3 cans of PJ1 black spray paints. Engine emblems just arrived in the mail yesterday. The polishing project on the Daytona head is almost complete. The cylinders that I bought on eBay arrived a couple of days ago and they measured out to 63.93mm for one hole and 63.98mm for the other hole- it's absolutely believable that this motor didn't have many miles on it, as they came with the original standard pistons, rings, wrist pins and bearings. I just have to swing by Paul's on Sunday again to see what he says. I'm even wondering if the bores can take a light hone and we just reuse the same pistons again? If not, it won't kill me to buy a new OEM setup of 1st overs. Things are really starting to take shape quickly!

I've been having problems getting the Factory Product Pipes apart- I've removed the circular retainer clips that fit on the inner rim of the silencers, but it seems like the baffles are frozen to the supports somewhere down near the exhaust tips. No amount of twisting and pulling makes a difference. I've squirted shitloads of Liquid Wrench down the pipes, but still no luck. I'm just afraid of snapping the baffles off.

I tried emailing Factory Pipes in Northern California, asking for removal tips and/or if they do restorations/refurbishings on their old pipes. No reply. I tried calling their company phone number one week later. No answer, just voicemail. Two days later, I called again. I got the receptionist, who passed me onto another number, but I ended up in Cindy's voicemail. This company really sucks balls with their communcations! No wonder they're still so small time! I'm really not holding my breath on any return calls. I think I'll bring the chambers with me to Paul's to see if he can work any magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment