Friday, January 16, 2009

Mission Accomplished! (Almost)

Well, today was a very productive day indeed! I first finished tearing down the front end. The front wheel was quite easy to remove. I was pleasantly surprised! My forks were absolutely mangled! That happened twenty years ago, when I hit the bumper of a car, while traveling Hwy 17 towards San Jose. Me and the bike jumped up in the air, it landed on my leg, I got bruises on my inner thighs, not pretty. Okay, back to the present- I finally finished getting that electrical harness off the frame. The coils were a small hassle, but no big deal.

I found some curious electrical stuff attached to the bike and I have no idea what it is! It's stuffed right behind the head tube and it almost feels like it's semi-permanently attached- I was afraid to force it out. I'll have to do some referencing and figure out what it's for. Hmmm....curious.

Anyway, I'm down to taking off the rear shocks, then the swingarm and its internals. I should be done by tomorrow morning. Now that I've got a better look at the frame, I can see what I don't need. When I'm ready, I'll build the bike on top of the stock frame first, kind of like a mock up. After enjoying it for a couple of days, I'll tear it down and start grinding, while the parts are out for painting, if I chose not to paint the parts myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment